Friday, September 5, 2008

Oklahoma Fossils

My mom and I went fossil hunting during her visit from Virginia. We went to the Arkansas River, a landfill in Sand Springs and to a location on private property in Seminole County. We found lots of awesome stuff - I'm still waiting to have most of it identified, but it's all really cool! Here are some photos -
Seminole County - see all the Crinoid Stems?
My haul from Seminole Co.
I'm going to make my daughter a Crinoid Stem Necklace with these sections!
These are from the landfill - found in some kind of shale.

If anyone knows anything about fossils in OK and wants to help me ID some of mine let me know! I have an awesome one of a plant that I need to photograph. Plants are more rare than animals - they're destroyed more easily. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I'm pumped about it! Hooray for fossils!

No comments: