Thursday, September 18, 2008

Awesome Green Bean 'French Fries'

I don't know if people already do this or not. Last night I made chicken salad wraps for dinner and I needed a way to get the serving of vegetables into the meal. I didn't want to just do broccoli or something, it felt like it needed a finger food. Anyway, this is what I came up with.

I took a can of french cut green beans and spread them out on a cookie sheet. Then I put bread crumbs and parmesan cheese on it and broiled it on a med setting until they started turning up and then another 5 or so min. Then I flipped them over and broiled them on high until they started turning up plus 5 minutes. They weren't crispy like french fries, but they were finger food - and they were GOOD! They would have been good with a little more seasoning.

No comments: