Friday, April 10, 2009

The Rainbow

I think it was Wednesday we had a big rainstorm. This was the view from my front yard after that storm!



When my daughter saw it she said, 'That's a promise!'
What a beautiful reminder that God keeps his promises to us.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend. When you are knee high in Easter grass and plastic eggs, remember that Jesus is the Reason for the Season. Christmas is a celebration of Jesus' birth. Easter is a day to remember His sacrifice, and celebrate His resurrection. Without his death, there could be no life.
When I told my preschoolers Jesus died, I asked them if that would be a good reason for a holiday. They all yelled NO! Then I told them how He came back to life and that He is living in Heaven with God. I told them if they believe and ask Jesus to live in their heart, He can help them live the right way, and we can all live in Heaven together someday. Then I asked if that was a good reason for a holiday and they all yelled YES! Please remember the sacrifice that was made for your sins, and remember that it's a gift that has to be actively accepted. The Easter bunny is fun, and we all love to hunt for Easter eggs, but Jesus' Resurrection is the real celebration!

No comments: